1. I am reading American Gods, by Neil Gaiman, and it is amazing. At nearly 600 pages, it’s a commitment. I am so glad I made it.
2. I have been focusing on healing. Healing my body, healing long-held emotional trauma. Asking questions and getting answers. In the last week or so (coinciding with the full moon in gemini?), I’ve lifted out of it for reasons I don’t yet understand. Time? I’m still noticing serendipity all around me, but not swimming in it. I kind of enjoyed swimming in it… ha. I feel like I could use a 10 day retreat to catch up on all the pieces I’ve been collecting lately. (The latest thing had to do with mountains and this South American shaman I once met who offered me a message 10 years ago that I only made sense out of yesterday.)
3. I’m focusing on love. Loving my self, loving this nest, loving my partner, loving this chapter of life. Loving my family from afar. Loving my cats. Loving my life. We all need more love, I think. I am feeling really sensitive to fear these days. Fear-based decision-making, or fearful skepticism is bringing me down in a hard way.
4. All almond errthing. Almond Kringle. Almond milk eggnog. Candied almonds from Christkindlmarkt. I’m obsessed with almonds right now. Bring it.
5. Endless conversations about race inequity in this country. I just can’t get it up to write about it.
6. I’ve been loving the surge of memories and emotions that come with the holiday season… including some joyous emotional release. My mom and I texted over the weekend, and her perspective made me feel so less alone and so very comforted. (Statements like that make me feel weepy when I think about someday losing my mom. Ugh – my heart breaks a little just imagining it.) A few nights ago, I was cooking dinner when I found myself choked up about Christmas; M coaxed me into sharing by asking me what I was thinking about, taking my hand and slow dancing with me across the linoleum to Nat King Cole.
7. Finally going to a yoga class at a local studio? Maybe? Okay, getting seriously closer. Also getting closer to going to the doctor. (I found one!) It’s been a few years. I’m overdue for a check-up. Also maybe I will finally address my Christmas cards? I am feeling a little behind on a few tasks… (sort of unusual for me?).
8. Waking up at 5:55am to go to the gym and then feeling jazzed all day.
9. FINALLY FIGURING OUT HOW TO WEAR SKINNY PANTS.
10. Keeping faith and vibration high. It’s pretty much a full-time job these days.